Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Buccinum undatum
- Waved Whelk , Common Whelk
- Escargots de mer
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Neogastropoda (Order) > Buccinidae (Family) > Buccinum (Genus) > undatum (Species)
- Initial determination:
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Atlantique Est, Atlantique nord, Canada, îles britanniques, littoraux européens, Mer du Nord
- Sea depth:
- 1 - 1200 Meter
- 11 cm - 13 cm
- °C - 25°C
- Predatory, Carrion, arénicole, escargots, moules, tourteaux
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2013-10-03 19:37:01
- 2018-01-30 20:57:03
Buccinum undatum Linnaeus, 1758
Buccinum undatum belongs to the family Buccinidae, the whelks. Whelks are found worldwide,in polar waters, but also in tropical waters.Common whelk is primarily scavengers.
Buccinum undatum lives mainly in the shallow water on soft soils, but it have been found at depths up to 200 m .
This snail feeds on carrion, but also hunting worms, clams and other molluscs.
The whelk has a horny operculum. Buccinum undatum to be up to 15 years old.
Wenn Sie in Ihrem Profil
Ihre PLZ angeben, werden die Händler nach der Entfernung zu Ihnen sortiert.
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips from our users available
Qu'est ce que c'est?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.