Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Julia zebra
- Muschelschnecke, Saftsauger
- Bivalve Gastropod, Sap-sucking Slug
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Sacoglossa (Order) > Juliidae (Family) > Julia (Genus) > zebra (Species)
- Initial determination:
- Kawaguchi, 1981
- Hawaii, îles Marschall, indo pacifique, Indonésie, Japon, Pacifique Est
- Sea depth:
- 0.25 cm - 0.47 cm
- 22°C - 27°C
- algues, spécialiste de la nourriture
- There are no reports available yet that this animal has already been kept in captivity successfully
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Red List:
- Not evaluated (NE)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2015-01-02 20:09:10
- 2019-09-20 13:14:32
Julia zebra Kawaguchi, 1981
Julia zebra is a member of the gastropod family Juliidae, whose species differ from other gastropods by having a bivalve shell.
As sacoglossans these small animals feed on the specificCaulerpa-algae.
Julia zebra have brown bands on the shell, white blotches and brown pigments on the head and rhinophores.
This tiny sea slug can be found to dephts of 1 m to 15 m.
Biota > Animalia (Kingdom) > Mollusca (Phylum) > Gastropoda (Class) > Heterobranchia (Subclass) > Opisthobranchia (Infraclass) > Sacoglossa (Order) > Oxynoacea (Suborder) > Oxynooidea (Superfamily) > Juliidae (Family) > Juliinae (Subfamily) > Julia (Genus) > Julia zebra (Species)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips from our users available